Thursday, January 8, 2015

Returning to my Roots

So after 15 plus years I'm starting up my first AD&D 2nd Edition game. I took a break from gaming in the early 2002 after playing D&D 3.0 for a year or so. I didn't come back to gaming until 2010 and have mainly been playing Pathfinder. I own the original rulebooks but couldn't resist purchasing the Premium Edition of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Editions. I found them cheap on amazon from a third party seller.

They are absolutely gorgeous books and it's nice to have a fresh set of rulebooks. Over the last month or so I've been refreshing my knowledge of 2nd Edition. If you stick to just the core books the game is so simple. From character creation to combat. It very refreshing from the complex nature of the 3.X system.

My plan for my new campaign is to run short modules that loosely connect to form a mini-campaign. Right now I'm converting Tower of the Black Pearl from Goodman Games as the first adventure. Then looking at some Dungeon Magazine adventures to fill in the gaps. I'm looking to run the campaign for six months or so. Probably get the group to 6th level before ending things before the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment